The most recognized for petroleum bitumen standards
1. European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
2. American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
3. American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
4. South African Standard Organization (SABS)
5. Standards Australia (AS).
Most Commonly Used Bitumen Specifications
1. Bitumen Standards Grade
2. Polymer Modified Bitumen
3. Bitumen Emulsions (ANIONIC; CATIONIC; UNMODIFIED; POLYMER MODIFIED)
(Note: Internationally there exist a very broad range of emulsion specifications; many of them are technically inaccurate and confusing.)
4. CUTBACK BITUMEN.