Definition of bitumen 10
Bitumen 10 is a type of hard grade building asphalt with penetration values starting from 10. This grade of asphalt building material is mostly used in the Eastern Asia market especially Taiwan, China, the Philippines and Indonesia. We at Bitumen Malaysia can supply them in bags, drums and in bulk tanks.
Uses of bitumen 10
- For underground moisture and waterproofing works.
- For the use in nuclear power engineering, pipeline engineering, bottom anti-corrosion, asphalt production.
- For the manufacturing of waterproofing membrane, moisture-proof paper production.
- For anti-corrosion paint.
- Used for road and bridge caulking purposes.
Technical specification of bitumen 10
|Technical indicators||Bitumen 10|
|Penetration (25 °C, 100g, 5s) / (0.1mm)||10-26|
|The ductility (25 °C, 5cm/min) / cm is not less than||1.5|
|Softening point (ball method) / °C not less than||95|
|Solubility (trichloroethylene) /% is not less than||99.5|
|Evaporation loss (163 °C, 5 h) /% no more than||1|
|After evaporation, the penetration ratio (25 °C) /% is not less than||65|
|Flashpoint (open cup) / °C not less than||230|
|Brittle / °C||report|