Definition of bitumen 30
Bitumen 30 is a soft grade of blown bitumen (oxidized bitumen) with softening point of 30+5. Its softening point is at approximately 70°C and it is available in bag and drum but in summer time it is risky to take it in the bag due to leakage of bitumen 30 inside of the container. Bitumen 30 is produced by heating up bitumen 60/70 until it lost 5% of its total weight. The difference of this bitumen and our oxidized bitumen 115/15 are its softening point, ductility and penetration grade. However, they have about the same value for flashpoint and solubility in trichloroethylene.
Uses of bitumen 30
- For underground moisture and waterproofing works.
- For the use in nuclear power engineering, pipeline engineering, bottom anti-corrosion, asphalt production.
- For the manufacturing of waterproofing membrane, moisture-proof paper production.
- For anti-corrosion paint.
- Used for road and bridge caulking purposes.
Technical specification of bitumen 30
|Technical indicators||Bitumen 30|
|Penetration (25 °C, 100g, 5s) / (0.1mm)||36-50|
|The ductility (25 °C, 5cm / min) / cm is not less than||3.5|
|Softening point (ball method) / °C not less than||60|
|Solubility (trichloroethylene) /% is not less than||99.5|
|Evaporation loss (163 °C, 5 h) /% no more than||1|
|After evaporation, the penetration ratio (25 °C) /% is not less than||65|
|Flashpoint (open cup) / °C not less than||230|
|Brittle / °C||report|