Definition of bitumen 40
Bitumen 40 is made from bitumen 60 and it is a soft grade oxidized bitumen that should be packed in the steel drum. It is flexible as it have a high softening point. This type of asphalt is useful to use in road construction to keep the asphalt stable in hot season.
Uses of bitumen 40
- For underground moisture and waterproofing works.
- For the use in nuclear power engineering, pipeline engineering, bottom anti-corrosion, asphalt production.
- For the manufacturing of waterproofing membrane, moisture-proof paper production.
- For anti-corrosion paint.
- Used for road and bridge caulking purposes.
Technical specification of bitumen 40
|Technical indicators||Bitumen 40|
|Penetration (25 °C, 100g, 5s) / (0.1 mm)||10-35|
|The ductility (25 °C, 5cm / min) / cm is not less than||2.5|
|Softening point (ball method) / °C not less than||75|
|Solubility (trichloroethylene) /% is not less than||99.5|
|Evaporation loss (163 ° C, 5 h) /% no more than||1|
|After evaporation, the penetration ratio (25 °C) /% is not less than||65|
|Flashpoint (open cup) / °C not less than||230|
|Brittle / °C||report|